Thursday, July 23, 2015

The 23

Today I met a biologists engineer named Stephanie Hallock who is cool and works for the CDA tribe fisheries. She has fixed this or straightened this creek that was causing bank erosion on this farmers land. The project goal was to recreate wet land habitat and to reduce erosion. It took three years to fix the creek  or move it I mean. The creek was eroding to where a power line pole could have fell over.
 The creek is Lake creek,  it has cutthroat trout in it, and natural habitat, there are willows and such that have grown. I actually got to see where the creek used to be and where it is now.
I met the CDA tribes Fisheries Programs Manager today, Angelo Vitale.
 I also got to help carve a canoe with a couple of brothers, i accidentally forgot there name all the work and writing we did today, eating sandwiches, an ice cream.Here is the younger brother I met, he was pretty cool, told me about the tools they use to carve a canoe.
I had a fun day, I was hyper this morning so.

No comments:

Post a Comment